Cheryl A. Mobley-Stimpson is PhillySportsMom (all one word, no spaces). "Like" and follow @www.facebook.com/phillysportsmom; www.facebook.com/cheryl.a.mobleystimpson; www.twitter.com/phillysportsmom; www.theseasontobe.blogspot.com

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

ONE PERSON CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE!

In the life of a child, ONE person CAN make a difference! The sacrifices that you make, the dedication that you bring, the attention to details that you give CAN be what catapults the child into "elite" status, when it comes to athletics and arts! Show me a child that is exceptional in academics AND athletics, and/or academics AND the arts, and we'll show you paths beyond ordinary imagination!

This is exactly what's needed in the world today - a deeper commitment to honing God-given talents, a richer understanding of the purpose we each have. Take steps to help a child! You'll take giant steps toward building the common humanity that was meant to co-exist in this world. MAXIMIZE HUMAN POTENTIAL! Don't wait - take steps today - the children are counting on us "for the assist!"

Then tell us your story! We are connecting people and resources to create better lives for children! We are committed to using athletics and arts to drive success in academics, and vice versa! Ultimately, we are dedicated to ensuring productive postsecondary experiences! Won't you help? Tell us that you're dedicated to pitching in!

In closing, encouraging you and wishing God's blessings upon you - today and always!

Phillysportsmom

2 comments:

  1. Outstanding blog and an even greater mission. You certainly have my attention. Please keep it up.

    www.stlsportsmanship.org

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am proud to say that my son plays both JV and Varsity. After officially accepting the title of becoming a sports mom, I didn't hesitate with diving into the position by seeking out sports opportunities for my son as well as being involved with his team and trying to make it to as many games that I can possibly make; for example I have taken the initiative to start a football mom's association within the school football program (the football program is only 2 years old). I forwarded letters to some of the mom’s at one of the football games as well as to the football players themselves; however to date, I have not recieved any responses from any of the other mothers, but I am NOT giving up hope; I figure that if I am the only football mom that's involved, then I will be one more mother than they didn't have. A small gesture can make a BIG impact.

    Sincerely
    Football Mom Of The B.L .Warriors

    ReplyDelete